Final Project - Fashion Project 1

  [DST64304]


Andi Syahnaz Asyira - 0350545
Bachelor in Fashion Design Technology (Hons)
Taylor's University 
Fashion Project 1 

This is my moodboard, some of the images that stand out the most here are the ocean and pearls, which play a significant role for the entire collection. The images I selected are pretty simplistic and tranquil because that is what I want to emphasize in the entire collection.


The two zero waste techniques that I selected are the zero waste pattern and the draping technique. the rippling of water serves as my biggest inspiration for this collection. I wanted the designs to appear serene and simple, so I focused on the ripples by manipulating their appearance on the fabric in various ways, including ruching, and pleating.

                                      



The first design features a pleated top and adjustable bottoms. The straps are tied under the cape at the back to secure the top; however, you can experiment with different ways of tying the straps to create various looks. the pants are standard wide leg pants, but the straps can be adjusted to fit your measurements. Therefore, this first look can accommodate to different body types and sizes  


The second outfit consists of another pair of wide-leg pants and a pleated strapless top. This time, a hook eye is used to keep the pants together, so they are not adjustable. For the top, I experimented with shibori, a Japanese tie-dying technique, to create patterns on the fabric.  and in this case, it involves crumpling and tying the fabric in place before boiling it in a pot and waiting for it to dry. It works best with synthetic fabric. After that, I tried out a variety of drapes and came up with this one, and it is secured by an open end zip. 



The third design consists of a peacoat style top and a ruched skirt. The strings are made out of scrap fabrics, as a substitute for the buttons, for the skirt I tried a lot of draping styles but I kept struggling trying to figure out the opening and how to get it on and off, which is how I ended up with this ruched design. 



 The main focus of the styling board are pearls and chunky silver jewelry, while the make up focuses on simple, radiant, dewy skin which complements the overall appearance.



I mostly use linen and cotton for the fabric, and I went with a neutral colour scheme with beachy undertones.



Nest is my concept board and sustainable meter. The total for my sustainable meter is 6 



Project Behind The Scene




My struggles throughout this entire project wasn’t specifically about the assignment itself. I was going through something personal which really affected my work ethic, I couldn’t get my brain to function no matter how hard I try, I feel like I could've done a lot better if I wasn't distracted by the things going on in my life, but in a way, I was glad I could go home and take a break even though it reduced my time limit to work on the project. I was able to rediscover myself and focus back on my work.




Comments

Popular Posts